I'd Like To Thank My Husband, My Child, and the Academy

1.21.2011

This past Wednesday my heart went pitter-patter because not one but two amazing blogs mentioned my humble little blog for a Stylish Blog Award.  Have you checked out the amazing creations of Elizabeth and Kati?  If not, what are you waiting for?

The "rules" of the award say that I must share seven things about myself and in an effort to make you all feel better about yourself, I've decided to share seven blush-worthy facts about little old me.

1.  A couple years ago I arrived at work only to realize that I had put my underwear on sideways.  That's right, I walked around all day with my crotch up on my hip.  Don't even asked me how I managed to do that.

2.  Because I was too embarrassed to ask to go to the bathroom as a kid I peed in my pants at school way past the age that any child should be peeing in their pants at school.  I'm not going to say how old I was...I'm just going to say I was too damn old!

3.  I've become paranoid about checking that everything is in place when I leave the bathroom after an incident when I left the bathroom at work only to realize later that my skirt was tucked into my underwear.

4.  I've also become paranoid when wearing anything with ties on it after accidentally dipping them into the toilet on more than one occasion.

5.  Since having a kid I've developed the unique ability to grow one very long and unattractive hair on my chin (or as my husband calls it my "billy goat hair").

6.  Speaking of hair, when I was in a 6th grade a boy at school decided it would be funny to call me "Hairy" because I didn't shave my legs.  In typical pre-teen overly dramatic fashion, I told my mom that I would rather have no legs than have hairy legs.  Looking back, that probably wasn't the wisest comment.

7.  When I was in 2nd grade I would often wipe my nose on my shirt and then suck the snot off...that is until a kid caught me doing it and made fun of me.  I think that was the beginning of my refined culinary tastes.

And in the spirit of continuing the award, here are some blogs that I love and I hope that you love too.

3 comments:

  1. Sweeet!! Thanks for the shout out to my blog! Now I'll have something to post about this weekend.

    I was laughing so hard at number one because I actually wore my underwear wrong a few weeks ago and didn't realize it until the middle of the day. They were pretty new and I kept wondering why they were so tight around my waist. Duh! Glad to know it happened to someone else. Maybe it's a quilter thing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sideways underwear?! I am impressed! This list is hilares. I too obsessively check myself before I leave the bathroom. And am always checking my fly.

    Thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Oh my! Eeek! Well this is so very exciting. Thanks Carolyn! And I loved reading each of your stories. I also find it incredibly odd that four of the seven things are stories my mother likes to tell about her childhood! :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!