The Best Laid Plans

5.03.2011

I had every intention of finishing a quilt for May's Blogger's Quilt Festival, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that's just not going to happen. 

Why you ask? 

Because we're having people over to our house for O's birthday in t-minus 4 days and this is what our kitchen currently looks like.


 Awesome, right? 

We began the process of painting our kitchen cabinets eons ago and it has been a ridiculously slow process....mainly because up until this point we've had neither the time nor the desire to finish this project (and I should probably point out that by "we" I actually mean Ben since he kicked me off the project long ago due to my haphazard painting skills).  In any case rather than sewing up a storm this week in preparation for the quilt festival, I'm pretty sure that I'll be priming and painting until my fingers fall off.  If you're looking for me, I'll be the one covered in paint splatters.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I know where you're coming from. This reminds me that we still have green painter's tape around part of the window frame in our bathroom, from ooh about 5 years ago, when I fully intended on doing another coat of paint on the walls. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am painting this week too... My painting is waaay funner though... no offense... My new sewing table is getting a bath in white! It is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I did that at my house pre-baby and it was brutal but worth it, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's where I went wrong. I claimed to be all able and willing with house projects early on in the game. Now I'm expected to fully partake in renovation. Like I'm expected to tile and drywall. Seriously. Not a good idea. Play dumb in the beginning, get kicked off of projects as soon as possible. That is the way to go. happy birthday baby O!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, I have haphazard painting skills too! I'm a flat-out bad house painter! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!