If At First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again

6.20.2011

Despite my last failure of an attempt to make a hat for O, I set out to make another one (hoping that this one would actually fit her).  Truth be told, I erred on the side of safety a bit which means that the hat came out a wee bit big (but that just means that it'll fit her for longer, right?)


The hat is the bucket hat from Oliver and S Little Things to Sew, which you've probably seen approximately one million times all over the internet because it's just that adorable.  The fabric is Georgina by Tina Givens and it just so happened to be sitting on my shelf for the past two years or so.  I couldn't find anything in my stash that coordinated well with the fabric so I took the lazy man's route and just used the same fabric for the inside and the outside of the hat (which totally defeats the whole point of it being reversible.  Oh well).


What cracked me up while making this hat was that when I showed O the fabric and asked if she would like a hat made out of it, she look at me as if was crazy and said "No!  That's for dolly!"  She then ran into her room and pulled out a doll that was wearing a little dress made from the same fabric.  How the hell did she remember that?  (And for the record, that little dress was actually supposed to be for her, but there were some "sizing issues" and so it ended up on the creepy looking doll instead).


Personally I think the two of them look pretty damn cute together!

9 comments:

  1. Well it's adorable! How do they remember these things? And then suddenly with teenage brain it will all be gone. Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah but reversible is still good because if one side gets dirty, you can reverse it and it will still be as adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! it is amazing what they remember! they do look adorable together too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are adorable! And I love that you had another go - that's totally what I would do...(I think)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pattern and fabric, I'd love to have a hat for me that looks just like it! My 12-yr-old daughter is too busy surfing at the beach to keep a hat on, but as I'm lounging in the sand, it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hat! Looks perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! love the fabric and you know, I never reverse things that are supposed to be reversible anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O makes the world's cutest faces! I love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what size did you make? I have the fabric all set out to make one for my son and think I'll make a medium...though at this rate it will probably be ready by fall.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!