Girl Power

11.08.2011


Deep in a conversation with O yesterday she happened to mention that "daddy is the boss."

"Oh yeah?"  I asked her.  "Why's that?"

"Because he's a man," she replied.

To which I thought "Oh hell no!"  That is not the kind of house we run around here and that is certainly not the kind of message that I want passed on to any little girl.  Honestly, I don't know how she came up with this conclusion considering that Ben and I share just about every job in this house and usually work things out in a pretty fair and even manner.

All I know, that there's going to be a whole lot more "girl power" going on around here in the near future.

9 comments:

  1. argh! get the spice girls on the case, stat! zigazig AAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I wonder where she got that from? By the looks of that picture, I don't think she'd take a heck of a lot of 'bossing' from anyone, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! that's so funny. who knows where they come up with any of the ridiculous things they say! sounds like lila, who when i told her our female neighbor wasn't home from work yet, said, "What? Girls don't go to work!" - so yeah, we might need some girl power over here, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh! Just goes to show ya, still a man's world, dang it! I've been doing my part to change that, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I don't think I was ever in any doubt about who wore the trousers in our house, and it wasn't my dad ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. Kids come up with the oddest things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll do my part by reminding my men that a penis does not a boss make! Girl power!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is young - what a great time to reinforce that she can be anything she wants to be including the "boss".

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!