Delusional

3.27.2012

I thought that I had a pretty good memory of life with a newborn but apparently memories fade over three years and delusional thoughts set in, because I just spent several hours tracing and cutting out patterns to sew for this year's upcoming KCWC.  I have to be crazy to think that I'm going to get an hour of sewing in each day with a newborn and a toddler at home, but gosh darn it, I'm going to give it a try.


And I give you all permission to mock me around April 30th when I announce that I've sewn exactly zero hours (see, perhaps I'm not so delusional after all).

8 comments:

  1. i won't mock you and if you do manage to do it i will bow to your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, I'll mock you if Nicke won't ;o) But then again you might pull it off if you're all prepared in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, newborns sleep all the time, right? ;) But yeah, KCWC is too fun to miss. Hope you're able to get a couple simple things done!! When are you due, again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the worst thing will be that NOW of course you know to take each nap as a gift and of course, you would lie down or sew or simply relax, but darn, there's that OTHER kid, too ;)

    That's how it worked for us, anyway. Didn't get any sewing or anything done, really. But then again, the oldest one was too young for kindergarden (here in our area), when #2 came along. And you've already cut out the patterns - that should help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geez, I'm forever signing up to things and not following through, too. But it's nice to have good intentions, isn't it? And sometimes the tracing off of the patterns is the hardest part, so, that's done... you may be in with a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love that you're planning for it, who cares if anything gets sewn! i must agree with the others - the tracing and cutting is half (or 3/4?) of the battle...you might just surprise yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe if you sneak a little bit of sewing in well in advance as well, it will be easier?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erm...good luck with that...?!!? But I have to agree with the other comments. Tracing off the patterns is always the worst (and most time consuming) part so maybe sewing them up will be something you can do just for you?!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!