Siblings

6.27.2012


We moved a lot growing up...to the point that the only constant from year to year was family and the only playmates we could be sure to count on were siblings.  I happen to have three of them - two of which are older, one of which is younger - and I love them to death.  The relationships are not perfect -   there have been many screaming matches, months of silences, and moments where I could have killed them (and vice versa) - but in the end none of that matters.


Watching O and C interact together has to be one of my favorite things.  While O turned into an absolutely crazy kid the moment we brought C home, she never once has taken her frustrations out on the baby.  She tells her how cute she is, runs into her room to greet her when she wakes up, and tries to be as gentle with her as a three year old can be.  It's ridiculously adorable.


That said, O wouldn't be O without a little mischievousness going on.  Her new favorite thing is to tell me all of the things that C has said to her (did you know that my genius baby can talk?).  O likes to tell me "mom, the baby called me a poopy head" or "mom, the baby said she doesn't want to go to the supermarket" or my personal favorite, "mom, the baby told me that she doesn't like you."  Yep, she's trying to get her infant sister in trouble - that sounds about right for a sibling relationship.

10 comments:

  1. just wait until the little one starts talking too... i love saying "please stop arguing"! they are so sweet though when they play nicely together. it makes it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, they are so amazingly sweet together! i can't wait to get a little taste of this at our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My firstborn scarcely seemed to notice his brother for the first year, but suddenly they are just so lovely together. I'm really enjoying watching them learn to play together and work with one another. And we get our fair share of "Mum, he took my traaaaaaaaain away!" Siblings are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey now! this is so sweet, you are making me want another one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she may be right about the supermarket... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love watching the sibling relationship develop. and those.pictures are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heart melting. Those pictures are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up an only child, so watching my girls has been a real trip for me. I don't understand why they have to get so annoyed at each other at times, but I also LOVE how they play together for hours now. My husband who has an older sister laughs at how boggled I am at how siblings work...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have such a strong family resemblance, too! So freaking cute! My siblings and I get on each other nerves sometimes, but we are really close too (shoot, I let my brother move in with me - I think my parents can feel pretty okay about that relationship!). I can't wait to see how Joe handles having a little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls are so adorable! I cannot even put into words how much I have LOVED watching my two interact and get to know each other. Nothing better than this! (Except for maybe seven straight hours of sleep...)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!