Me Made May: Days Two Through Six

5.06.2013

All I have to say is that it's a lot harder to get dressed in the morning when 3/4 of your closet is "off-limits."  Obviously the only way to remedy that is to up the ratio of store-bought to me-made clothes.  Perhaps even someday most of the clothes in my closet will be made by me.

A girl can dream, can't she.


Day 2: Wearing my self-drafted tee (which looks black in this picture, but I swear that it's purple.  Damn you, weird indoor lighting).


Day 3: Wearing a dress that I made back in the day (before kids) when I actually had time to make fitted items because, man, they take a lot of work to get just right.  The pattern is New Look  6799.


Day 4: Wearing my split-back Tiny Pocket Tank.


Day 5: Wearing a self-drafted dress (although I use the term "self-drafted" very loosely here considering that most of the shape in this dress comes from all the shirring).


Day 6: Wearing a me-made top, made from Simplicity 3835.

13 comments:

  1. How about that you fit in a fitted dress you made pre-kids? Amazing! You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! I have a dress I started to make 2 years ago and the shirring failed me. I need to unpick, but life has been too short up to now lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my dream to have the majority of my clothes be handmade too! I have been wearing handmade clothes this month, although I haven't been taking pictures. I've suprised myself because so far, I've worn six different outfits with at least one handmade item! I like your self-drafted dress...shirring is something I haven't attempted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Rockin it!! You're inspiring the heck out of me, girl. And HEY guess what? i've actually been doing MMM but not documenting it...just seeing if I can. Wearing the same 4 tops over and over, but whatevs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6.5.13

    All of your outfits look great! I especially like the green dress and the tiny pocket tank. This is my first MMM and I am having so much more fun than I thought I would (although there is still a lot of the month to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I am trying to build up my nerves to start sewing for myself and your sewing is totally inspirational - I made a top for my little girl out of the same fabric you used for Day 6. I love that fabric so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, somehow I missed most of these on your blog! I absolutely love that split back tiny pocket tank, esp with those hot pants. Love the shirred dress and the last tee too. I think you have a really good eye for picking fabric that makes your clothes look very 'store bought'! Keep em coming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics you choose for your me-mades! Your day 3 dress is gorgeous--and pre-two-babies?? It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are awesome! period!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVING day 5 dress... (and everything else too!) Good job rockin' the handmades!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously you are fantastic! These all look amazing. Love the purple one on day 1 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pink and white dress, it suits you so well! When I've got more handmade things to wear I am definitely participating in me made may. Good luck for the rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow- I am super impressed! Maybe someday I'll gain enough skills from making kid clothes to move on to clothes I can wear!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!