2015 Superlatives

12.31.2015

It's that time of the year again.  Time to look through all that I've made and decide which were winners and which were, well, not winners.  First up:

MOST WORN


For me, definitely the culotte jumpsuit.  There are no words to tell you how much I love this outfit.  It's a little bit different without being totally out there.  It's fun to wear.  It's easy to dress up or dress down.  It's really just fantastic.  And all of its awesomeness makes up for the fact that it's a tad bit of a pain to go to the bathroom in.


And for the little ones, I'd say that this little dress was a hit.  Knit dresses with long sleeves are few and far between at times, so having this one around is fantastic.

LEAST WORN

Well, I'm sure that I have some failed items for me somewhere around my house from this year, but I never got around to blogging about them, so we'll just pretend that they  don't exist.


As for the kids, this little sweatshirt is sadly neglected since I miscalculated some measurements when turning the Joey Dress into a sweatshirt.  I've tried to make C wear it but she's a stubborn little thing, so in the mean time it just sits in her drawer waiting for a little love.

FAVORITE PATTERN


The Alder Dress!  I made two this year and I love each of them, although this one is definitely my favorite because it's longer and, therefore, easier to wear.  Plus, it's made out of some really awesome fabric.


And for the little ones, I'm going to stick with my pick from last year - the Hanami - since I made it 4 more times this year!   I still think it's a fantastic pattern and I now love it even more since adopting the modification to shorten the bodice ever so slightly.  What can I say, when I find something I like, I stick with it.  My husband should be very happy to hear that.

OVERALL FAVORITE PROJECT



Remember way back in the day when I said that I wanted to make a bed?  Well, I made one (with the assistance of my dad)!  When he asked me what I wanted for my birthday last year I told him that all I wanted was to have him help me build a bed and being the kind man that he is, he agreed.  We built it all in one exhausting day but it took me about 9 months to get around to finishing it.  It is solid and ridiculously heavy and I love everything about it.  Oh, and it's the Farmhouse Bed from Ana White's book.


And for the itty bitty kids, I choose the itty bitty kitty dress.  It's so ridiculous, yet so fabulous.  And it suits her perfectly (even if she is doing some major mean-mugging in these pictures).

RESOLUTION FOR THE COMING YEAR

And as for the coming year, my only resolution is to honor where I am.  I've had a bit of a difficult time transitioning from a competent professional to a complete newbie and more than once (okay, many, many times) I've found myself frustrated at my performance, my lack of progress, and where I'm at in the learning process.  But when I look at it objectively, I know that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be - at the beginning of a life-long process of learning a new profession.  And so in the coming year I hope to stop fighting the process and instead, honor where I am.

AND FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE...

Superlatives from years past.

2012

2013

2014

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so a couple of years ago my new year's resolution was to 'make the bed' every day. But you literally Made The Bed. And I'm officially In Awe. Brilliant. Oh and itty bitty kitty dress still wins it for me, but I'm just going to revisit that culottes jumpsuit thing cos I'm on a bit of a jumpsuit bender right now. Happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun round up. How amazing to have made a bed. I saw the instagram photo and thought you'd sewn the doona cover. Still, I was impressed - the cover is lovely!
    Looking forward to your 2016 blogging
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great round up, always fun to see what the favorites end up being after months of potential use. Rooting for you and your ongoing career change process, and glad to see you sewing again woo!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!